Sunday, March 22, 2009

Want to be a better BA? Be a better Marketter.

The deepest thinking I've done about BA tasks recently actually happened during a class on marketing. A few of the core marketing concepts such as understanding your customer, core/actual/augmented product, and perceived quality have really affected the way I work.

I probably found it so useful because the lecturer (Dennis Price of RetailSmart really pared ideas down to their basics, explained them well, and then applied them to marketing. Unfortunately by the time he applied them to marketing I was already applying them to Business Analysis so I got a pretty lousy mark. That's a small price to pay for learning a lot though.

Some great posts:
  • Taking Criticism. Relevant to anyone who has documents peer-reviewed.
  • Core Produce, Augmented product, etc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment