Tuesday, February 24, 2009

GTD is Agile for your life

As a geek who is not very well organised I try a new "system" once every year or so and generally follow it for around 8 months. This time around I'm giving GTD/Getting Things Done a go.

Reading the book I've realised it's agile for personal organisation. At a fundamental level they're both about concentrating on short, deliverable iterations and only doing the detailed next-step planning as you go.

Reading the David Allen on defining "Projects" in GTD I was struck by how similar they are to Agile user stories, there is even an emphasis on defining them by how you would test they had delivered. This is just pure Agile.

So, basically GTD is Agile for your life. Agile is GTD for your project. I wonder how well some of the Agile project management tools like Mingle and Jira would work for GTD? I bet Jira would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment